Landlord Responsibilities for Property Flooding in the UK

Flooded street in a UK town

In the UK, landlord responsibilities include specific duties concerning repair and maintenance, insurance coverage, and tenant rights within their rental properties. The legal framework governing these obligations in England and Wales primarily includes the Landlord and Tenant Act of 1985, the Homes (Fitness for Human Habitation) Act of 2018, and the Housing Act of 2004. In Scotland, the Repairing Standard and the Housing (Scotland) Act 2006 apply. This legislation also imposes obligations in the event of flooding at a rental property.

International Insurance for Expats: Klippa Relocation Partners with Expatriate Group

Family of 3 on beach

At Klippa Relocation, we understand the importance of comprehensive international insurance for expats. That’s why we’re excited to announce our new partnership with Expatriate Group, a leading provider of global insurance solutions for expatriates. With our new partnership, we can now offer an even wider range of services to our clients, ensuring they have the best possible coverage while living and working abroad.

International Insurance for Expats


As Klippa expands its operation across the globe it’s only natural that we offer a range of auxiliary services to complement our coverage. We are pleased to advise that we can now offer a range of international expatriate insurance products via our partner, William Russell.

Founded in 1992, William Russell has grown from a family-run business to a leading supplier of international life, health and income cover, and they now have customers in more than 160 countries worldwide.

Thank you for considering Klippa for your relocation needs.

To help us provide you with an accurate quote, please take a moment to fill out this form. As soon as we receive your request, one of our friendly representatives will be in touch with you within the next 2 business days.