Many aspects of our lives can be conducted digitally or without leaving our own living rooms – banking, food shopping and exercise among them – but there is one area where the need for a physical visit persists – choosing a new home.
An in-person appointment is even more pertinent in the relocation market, as many professionals are moving from a completely different country and therefore have little concept of UK property. A viewing also provides the assignee with an initial orientation opportunity and when accompanied by a property professional, provides a degree of welcomed reassurance.
Klippa Relocation is working closely with letting agents and property managers to ensure any viewings run as smoothly as possible during the UK’s changeable restrictions. It is worth remembering that some property companies are operating at reduced capacity, while tenants can reserve the right to grant access to a property they are currently living in. Local lockdowns may also come in to force with little notice and Klippa will respect these, where required.
With this in mind, Klippa Relocation has strengthened its property viewing procedure so we can continue to facilitate in-person visits in the safest possible way. We follow a strict protocol drawn up in line with the UK Government’s official Covid-19 advice, and we will always schedule viewings to protect the wellbeing of our assignees and property peers.
To keep everyone involved in the relocation process as safe as possible, we request assignees familiarise themselves with our requirements before, during and after a property viewing. These include:-
- Assignees should not attend viewings if they are unwell, are awaiting test results, have tested positive for Covid-19 in the last 14 days, are experiencing symptoms of Covid-19, are shielding, are isolating or are in quarantine.
- Assignees should expect to work with Klippa Relocation on a remote pre-screening process, using video footage, virtual tours, photographs and floorplans to draw up a suitable property shortlist. We will reserve in-person visits for properties an assignee feels most positively about.
- When travelling to a property, assignees should walk where possible or travel by car only with members of their own household. Travel by public transport should be avoided and assignees should note they will not be accompanied on their journey by an agent or a member of the Klippa team.
- On viewing day, assignees should bring their own PPE. A face mask, disposable gloves and hand sanitizer is highly recommended – and may be insisted upon by any incumbent tenant.
- Assignees can expect incumbent tenants to have vacated the property before their arrival, and as many windows and doors left open as safely possible.
- When in the property, those that do not live there should avoid touching any surfaces or door handles. If a cupboard or door is asked to be opened, the request should be directed to the agent. Stairs should be taken instead of a lift/elevator, and if a property is not large enough, a ‘one in, one out’ policy may be enforced. We also reserve the right to restrict viewings to a maximum of two people.
- Right to rent checks may be performed during the viewing, so the assignee should bring with them valid forms of ID, which can include:
Passport – original, not a copy
BRP (Biometric Residence Permit) card – if you have one
Visa document – where applicable
Proof of address (from departure country) – ie a bank statement or utility/federal/municipal/government bill, dated within the last three months (not a mobile phone bill)
A tenancy agreement dated within the last 6 months may be accepted. The address on the document must match the address supplied for referencing purposes
- Lease negotiations and lease progression will be conducted remotely after only the most necessary viewings have been completed. This is to minimize travel and social contact. Our electronic documentation is completely compliant and ensures each property is legally let.
If you have any further questions about wellbeing and safety during the relocation process, our team is on hand to help. Please get in touch today.